The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last game you played

Go down 
+8
Evolia the Wolf
K2SonicFan
LFshogun564
Jamy666
Jymaru
Wally325
Tails321
StarlightSonic
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

Rate the last game you played - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 am

Mario Kart 7 9/10

Yes, yes im late to the party leave me alone. But I thouroughly enjoyed this game justas i thought i would, Loved the whole gliders gimmick it was alot of fun xD. Suprisingly the first person was quite nice which i didnt expect. Only dislike which really isnt about the game itself, there couldve been alot more in it.

Wii U may reveal some new fun components for the series, who knows :)

Anyway back to racing randoms, its rather fun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 pm

You're always welcome to race us, Kirks. Just give us a shout.

Anywho...

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online - Xbox 360 - 9/10

While the game can be really cheap (Gill, you're an arse with that recovery Super), I think I have my new favourite Street Fighter game.

For this next game, I raise my flame shield.
Sonic Adventure 2 HD - Xbox 360 - 5.5/10

It's still a pretty good game but, well... I'm sorry to say this but I don't think it's aged well. The story is still very nice and I like Sonic's and Shadow's stages somewhat but... that's it. The other characters just make me wish I was playing as them instead and for a game that features multiple characters, that's rather sad. I realise I may slightly disappoint you guys with this, but that's just my personal opinion. Maybe it's just been too long since I last played Adventure 2, though. If you guys disagree with me, that's perfectly fine.

Jet Set Radio HD - Xbox 360 - 8/10

Again, this one has aged, but not on the same scale. Call me biased on this, but the soundtrack and cel-shaded art style do raise this game's merits. That's not to say the game itself is bad, however.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:01 pm

[quote="Thorn"]You're always welcome to race us, Kirks. Just give us a shout.

Id be more than happy to, better keep this conversation off the thread though xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 am

Worms Revolution - PC - 8.5/10.

Worms was one of the first franchises I ever got into but lately they've made rather "meh" titles. Revolution is a huge step-up, however, mostly because of the many gameplay methods they introduce. Taking a page from TF2's book, you can now put some worms into classes. The Soldier is your standard worm, The Scout is faster and takes less falling damage but delivers less damage, The Heavy is slower yet deals more damage and The Scientist (aside from looking the funniest) is better with utilities and gives the team a five-point health boost when it's their turn. You can also manipulate the landscape to your advantage as well. There are certain objects lodged in walls that can be knocked out with enough force and damage any nearby enemies. You can also blast areas open that contain bodies of water to send it splashing around the level. The whole game adds a whole new level of strategy to the series and I reckon it's all the better for it.

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess - Wii - 7.5/10

This is probably my experience with Skyward Sword talking, but the game feels dated to me. The required Wolf Link sections are tedious and most of the items you find are used in one dungeon and then spend the rest of the game as inventory space. I know that kind of thing is common in a standard Zelda game, but Twilight Princess is easily the worst offender. It's still a good game, but the problems are certainly present, especially if you have played Skyward Sword.

Then again, maybe my opinion would be different if I were playing the Gamecube version. I legitimately don't know. The Gamecube version is available on Amazon for £149.99. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:22 pm

WWE '13 - Xbox 360 - 6.5/10

Were it not for the game's Attitude Era Mode, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this one. For those not in the know, the Attitude Era is widely considered to be the company's golden age when anything could happen and the plots and rivalries were actually very entertaining. The mode follows specific points in the Era such as the rise of D-Generation X or the rivalry between The Undertaker and Kane. Each match has optional objectives that stay true to things that happened in the actual matches. Attitude Era Mode does a very good job of staying true to the formula and the game itself is okay, though not ground-breaking.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Xbox 360 - 8.5/10
While the learning curve and engine physics compared to the last game are a little steep (it took me a while to figure out that tricks are now done with the Right Analogue Stick), the game itself is a huge step up. Not only does it feel genuinely fulfilling winning a race (especially in the Hard Difficulty), the multiple pathways and changing tracks bring out how creative racing games can potentially be. Take it from a dedicated Mario Kart fan, Nintendo should certainly take note.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - PS3 - 9/10

Pretty much agree with Thorn here. I like how the difficulty is stepped up, it's much more exciting and challenging. The game is very balanced when it comes to the items too, it's easily the most well constructed racing game I've ever played, and the fact that the tracks change with each lap is awesome.The game also looks and sounds completely beautiful.
Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 am

Nintendo Land - Wii U - 7/10

I'm currently unable to play all the minigames since some of them require at least two players, but I'm enjoying what I've seen so far.

Zombi U - Wii U - 8.5/10

One of the creepiest games I've ever played. My friend and I are planning on doing an all-nighter with it at some point within the next few weeks. It's a very realistic survival-horror scenario and something I certainly recommend for fans of the genre.
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

Female Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Nintendo 3DS - 11/10

I am yet to find a series better than the Zero Escape series. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors was fantastic, but had some obvious flaws and was way too short for all its potential.
These flaws have been fixed in Virtue's Last Reward, and I'm proud to say it's the best game I've ever played, not in the least because of how morbid it is, and how hard the puzzles can end up. The moral was great yet grim, and it broke my heart so many times, coming back in Phi's Ending only to melt my heart with the character's trust and teamwork. If you love morbidity, puzzles, and scientific theories, look no further than the Zero Escape series.

It woulda been 15/10 if the UK version had the US voices available ._.
Back to top Go down
http://jymaru.deviantart.com
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Jymaru wrote:
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Nintendo 3DS - 11/10

I am yet to find a series better than the Zero Escape series. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors was fantastic, but had some obvious flaws and was way too short for all its potential.
These flaws have been fixed in Virtue's Last Reward, and I'm proud to say it's the best game I've ever played, not in the least because of how morbid it is, and how hard the puzzles can end up. The moral was great yet grim, and it broke my heart so many times, coming back in Phi's Ending only to melt my heart with the character's trust and teamwork. If you love morbidity, puzzles, and scientific theories, look no further than the Zero Escape series.

It woulda been 15/10 if the UK version had the US voices available ._.
I played the demo of that a while ago. I've never been so engrossed into a demo before. I should pick that game up at some point.

Anyhow...

Trine 2: Director's Cut - Wii U - 8/10

It's rare you see a platformer and a puzzle game mix so well together but Trine 2 pulls it off well. Giving you control of a wizard, a thief and a knight, you have to use their individual skills in order to advance. The combat is a bit off but you can manage with enough practice. Admittedly, it makes me wish I had played Trine 2 when it was initially released (and for that matter, the original Trine) but I'll take what I have. At the current reduced price of £10.99, it's a good deal for money.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Rayman Origins - 9/10 - PS3

Easily one of the best platformers in recent years. Way better than the rehashed NSMB we keep seeing. The game's style is really beautiful, it provides a good challenge and there is loads to do. If you love platformers that are reminiscent of the classic days then you'll definitely wanna play this.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:17 am

StarlightSonic wrote:
Way better than the rehashed NSMB we keep seeing.

... this feels awkward.

New Super Mario Bros. U - Wii U - 8.5/10
Again, the term "New" is used rather loosely but it feels a tad more original than NSMB2. However, I will go ahead and say that thanks to the Wii U's graphics processor, this is the most beautiful Mario game you're likely to see. It's strange to see a Mario game with actual art direction but it works and works well. The new Squirrel Suit is... rather underwhelming, if I'm honest. It barely gains any altitude though it glides well so I'll suffice. I'm glad the Ice Flower and Yoshi have returned, though Yoshi still works in the same way in that you still can't take him with you when you finish. Baby Yoshi however is a treat to use. They have different abilities depending on the colour and also, get this, you can actually take him with you (though they still won't enter castles and ghost houses).

In conclusion, I can easily see say this is the best of the "New" Mario games. NSMB2, while having its enjoyable moments, left a fairly bad taste in my mouth. NSMBU on the other hand, has familiarity, yet feels fresh at the same time. It may not be the most original game ever, but it's a definite improvement and I appreciate that.

Street Fighter X Mega Man - PC - 8/10

While you will pretty much need some sort of controller to play it, the game works really well. It's an interesting idea playing through a regular stage and fight a Street Fighter character as a boss as well as gain one of their abilities. Such as Ryu's Hadouken, Rolento's Mine Sweeper or Chun-Li's Lightning Kick. It's a shame Capcom themselves didn't do something like this as this game was created for the 25th anniversary of both Street Fighter and Mega Man. It was created by this one guy in Korea but Capcom themselves are endorsing it so I'll give it a pass. If you feel like playing it yourself, you can download it here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Last edited by Thorn on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Assassin's Creed III - Wii U - 9/10

Have had the game for a few days now and just wanted to let it sink in before posting about it. Before giving this a proper rating, I'd like to point out I have only played the first two AC games. AC1 was very good but got rather tedious near the end. AC2 was a game I got rather bored of near the middle. As for AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations, I didn't even play them. This new game however grabbed my interest due to the time period. Seriously, the American Revolution is a time period that I find genuinely fascinating.

Admittedly, it did bother me a little that you spend the first few hours playing as this one British dude before Desmond relives the memories of Native American Connor considering he was the one shown through all the trailers and stuff. But aside from that, this game is fantastic. The visuals look amazing, combat works very well and Connor is a character I can really get behind. The amount of things you can do in this game turns it into a really expansive and rewarding experience and is a game I fully recommend.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Okami HD - PS3 - 10/10

I've loved Okami since I first played the PS2 version, it quickly became one of my all time favourite games. I couldn't pass up this HD remake. I thought it looked beautiful before but in HD it just melts your eyes, it's gorgeous, everything is visually improved.
If you haven't played Okami before or even if you have you need this game in your life.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 3DS - 6.5/10

(Warning: this is a long one to talk about)

Sticker Star is by no means a bad game. It returns to its original formula placed in the first two games, which I like. The art style mixed with 3D is very nice on the eyes and the overall charm that was noticeable in every other game in the series is still present. Having said that, though, I think I can say that Sticker Star is certainly the weakest in the series. The battle system is fun at first but it slowly becomes more of a chore, minus the boss battles which I'll talk about in a moment. The puzzles can range from basic logic to downright cryptic. What I mean by that is there are certainly many moments where you'll be so stumped, you'll eventually have to resort to a guide. So the game is certainly challenging and doesn't hold your hand. This can be both a good and a bad thing. You can press L to have your new pal, Kersti, give you hints but most of the time, she won't have anything useful.

One thing I do really like, however, are the "Thing" objects you can find lying around which you can eventually turn into stickers for either use in battle or to solve certain puzzles. The animations the Things use in battle are very fun to watch, my favourite so far being the Goat that can chew up enemies. Also, one improvement is that the entire landscape now uses a World Map system. It caught me off guard at first, but it makes the whole process less linear than previous games. For example, if you've had enough of the desert landscape in World 2, you can exit and go to the forest in World 3 instead.

Boss Battles are rather tricky if you don't know what to do. By that, I mean bosses are weak to certain Thing Stickers. Sometimes, it's obvious and other times, the boss can wreck you. Not only do they have weaknesses, you're also restricted to using it at certain points. That sounds harsh, but I actually rather like it. And even if you get it wrong, it's still possible to win without it.

Finally, the story is a huge let-down. While previous games have never had Shakespeare-esque writing, this one just feels thrown together (and considering the game has been in development since 2010, that's rather odd). Just like the platforming games, Bowser kidnaps Peach... and that's it. There aren't even any moments where you can play as other characters or even have any partners join you. And to me, that's the weakest part of the game. No part of the game makes me wonder what's going to happen next. Also, and this is really just a nit-pick, but it does bother me a little how the characters in this world are self-aware of being made out of paper.

Overall, like I said, Sticker Star is, to me, not a bad game. If you've enjoyed the previous outings, you'll at most like it. And as I stated, the charm of the previous games is still around. But it doesn't hold a candle to Thousand Year Door (though, to be fair, I wasn't expecting it to).
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Tomb Raider (2013) - Xbox 360 - 9/10

It's been a very rough decade for Miss Croft. But now, thanks to this new reboot, it's good to see the great adventurer in the same glory again. No matter what I'm doing, be it fighting off enemies, exploring tombs or completing puzzles, I never get bored. The graphics also excellently represent the harsh environment that Yamatai Island is. And the story is very engrossing. When something bad happens to Lara, you feel it along with her. The only thing that really brings it down is the online multiplayer. It's not bad, I've played much worse online games, but it's a little unnecessary. If future games in the series has this much character development and this level of quality gameplay, Lara Croft may be on her way to great things.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 am

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - 9/10

Amazing game. I'm so glad I have access to more of this series now that I own a PS3 because the Future titles keep getting better. Wouldn't expect anything less from the developers behind the original Spyro games. Oh how I wish they could develop Spyro again...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS - 8.5/10

So after finally getting around to finishing the game, now's probably the best time to talk about it. Simply put, I can easily classify this as not only a definite improvement over the original but my second favourite 3DS game (Kid Icarus is still number 1 to me for the record). While it's strange to see it more mission-based rather than exploration, the two elements merge together very well. The game rewards you for strafing away for the main objective and taking a look around, especially since money can be used to upgrade the Poltergust 5000 (protip: fully upgrade it before going to the final mansion; you can thank me later). The 3D can also be very helpful in solving a few puzzles or finding hidden goodies and really shows that the 3D can be used as more than just a gimmick. Finally, the game is choked full of personality, even just a few little nods such as Luigi humming to the music. It really makes me wish more Mario games had this much of it. This is especially true in the game's ending, which I won't dare spoil for you. Just play it for yourself and find out.

To cut it short, The Year Of Luigi is off to a fantastic start. Bring on Dream Team!
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:30 pm

LEGO City: Undercover - Wii U - 8/10

This is certainly a contender for the funniest game I've ever played. The script is hilarious, packed with all sorts of jokes as well as parodies of famous movies and TV shows. Be it Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Harry, Starsky & Hutch, even a Titanic reference gets thrown in. It's no surprise considering Traveller's Tales' history with the LEGO franchise but it definitely hits the mark on this, especially since it's their first real attempt at an original story. At its heart, the story is just all-around very silly and it obviously doesn't take itself seriously, but that just makes it all the more enjoyable and makes me want to know what happens next.

The gameplay itself is standard fare for a LEGO title, minus the inclusion of local co-op, which is a little baffling but nothing I'll lose sleep over. However, unlike previous games, this is the first one where I've actually been in the mood to complete optional objectives scattered throughout the city. Speaking of which, this place is enormous and there's so many things to do and see. The game also makes very good use of the Gamepad which unlocks more features over time such as scanning the environment for hidden collectibles or listening in to private conversations. The disguises that Chase McCain uses also have their own abilities such as the robber breaking into rooms and safes or the astronaut using teleportation points to travel to different areas. Sure, some of the abilities are questionable (particularly the Paint Gun the robber unlocks mid-way through) but they use inventive ways to either progress through the game or find hidden goodies. It's also very refreshing from previous games where you had to switch to a different character in order to progress seeing as you're just playing as this one guy dressing differently.

The only thing that prevents the game from being perfect are the long loading times. This admittedly isn't new to a LEGO game but I swear it's at its worst here. You do at least get a progress bar on the Gamepad screen (as well as rather catchy music) but some of them can last nearly half a minute which is annoying. On the subject of music, while the songs you hear are very nice, while you're travelling the overworld, there's no music at all. Perhaps that's to play in favour to the small banter of the civillians as well as the ambience of city sounds but it is sometimes jarring to only hear either an engine or Chase McCain's footsteps.

Despite those complaints, this is still the best game in the LEGO series and one that I definitely recommend. The best way I can describe it is like a much more light-hearted Grand Theft Auto or L.A. Noire. And if that seems like something you'd be interested in, LEGO City will be next on your list.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:12 am

Thread resurrection beeyotches. I've played quite a lot of games, really, but I'll just be focusing on three.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Xbox 360 - 6.5/10

It's nice to see the creators behind Mortal Kombat try something different, even though this isn't their first foray into the DC Universe. The story is, quite bluntly, all over the place. However, this sort of thing is to be expected from both a fighting game and a non-canon DC Comics story. The fighting itself is rather engaging and I do really like each characters' Super Move such as Batman controlling the Batmobile to run over the opponent. Each character behaves like I'd more or less expect with Shazam being my favourite. I also love how you can interact with stages and can even transition to different zones in certain levels. It's the kind of thing the characters of this nature would do, though seeing a character like Harley Quinn effortlessly knock Superman several storeys high is a little jarring. However, despite the things I do like, it all feels rather barren. Perhaps it's because I prefer the fighting styles of Street Fighter and Smash Bros. compared to Mortal Kombat, but in my opinion, I would recommend buying a pre-owned copy if you can. It's not quite worth its full price if you ask me.

New Super Luigi U - Wii U - 7/10

If you've played previous NSMB games, this one will feel a little ghostly to you, mainly due to how Luigi controls. The easiest way I can explain is to think of a combination between the console NSMB games and Luigi in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA. It takes some getting used to and admittedly, Luigi's physics still catch me off guard. That said, to me, this is the most original of the "New" series and is certainly the most challenging, though nowhere near the difficulty of Lost Levels. Maybe that's a good thing. Plus, as a little side thing, you can find hidden Luigi trinkets in each level if you look hard enough. It's purely a novelty, but it does make me smile (plus it makes me believe it ties in with Dream Team). Worth a purchase, especially as DLC (for the record, I did wait for the retail version mostly because of the box. I'm a sucker for limited editions, what can I say?).

Pikmin 3 - Wii U - 9/10

Easily my favourite game on the system and the best in the series. It was a very long wait but it was worth it. I love the characters, I love the new Pikmin types, I love the story and I especially love the sheer atmosphere brought in HD. The fruit you collect in this game look so good, it makes me hungry just looking at it. This may not be as descriptive as I usually am in these, but I'd really only be repeating what nearly every other review has said. If you've been hesitant to buy a Wii U, I fully understand, but this is definitely a good reason to pick one up.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Persona 4 - PS2 - 9.5/10

For the longest time everyone would keep saying to play this series, and now I can see why. This game is fantastic. It's a massive, with tons to do. The battle mechanics and soundtrack are great, as is the plot and characters. Seriously, play it if you haven't already done so. It'll suck you in.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Rayman Legends - Wii U - 9.5/10

By far one of the most creative platformers I have played in years. You can really tell why the game was originally an exclusive to the Wii U and for those reasons, I implore you to play either that or the PS Vita version. I particularly like the Music levels, especially Mariachi Madness and the amount of unlockables and daily/weekly challenges are enough to keep you coming back for more. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 pm

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Wii U - 9.5/10

My favourite Zelda game made even better. The art style mixed with HD is just gorgeous, if a little inconsistent at times when lighting comes into play. The seamless item switching with the Gamepad works great, and they've even updated the Pictograph so you can have Link take selfies (You can even rotate the Analogue Stick for different facial expressions). Have a little photo with Link and his happy new friend:
Rate the last game you played - Page 9 ZlCfzRJW-Po1W2OgXf
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:43 pm

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - PS3 - 7/10

So, I finally got this game, and it'a really fun. It is pretty much a lesser clone of Brawl though. I do really enjoy the character customization and mechanics.

Unlike Brawl though, there's just not as many characters and stages. And the major glaring omission of Spyro and Crash makes it feel kinda empty to me. Especially since they were the biggest stars of Playstation's past. Also Lara Croft is notably missing, though I'm not much a fan of her, she was a big Playstation star. Oh and Snake from MGS I remember being a big one.
The characters that literally everyone was crying for and they're still not here, all because they're owned by different companies now. Such missed potential. Sony need to buy Spyro and Crash back from that cage Activision have them locked in.

But the game does have Ratchet who has become my fave. I also enjoy Sly.

EDIT: OH, and how could I forget. Sora! He belongs here too. Come on Sony. Why.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Pokemon X (or as I will refer to it from here on, Gen 6) - 3DS - 7.5/10

After finally getting around to beating the Elite 4 (in a style I can only suitably describe as "curb-stomp"), now feels like the best time to express my opinion towards the game.

For Game Freak's first attempt at making a proper 3D world, Kalos looks very nice. The art style works well with the game and everything feels more active than before because of it. However, out of my entire 3DS library, this has become the second game to make me play without 3D alongside DOA: Dimensions. There are two reasons for this: the framerate drops most of the time and most often, the 3D isn't even used even with the slider on. Again though, I can understand since it is Game Freak's first real attempt. On the subject of Presentation, I love that they finally integrated Trainer customisation. I can finally make my trainer wear the kind of thing I would actually wear in real life. Hoodies, jeans and a beanie, that's how I likes it.

I'm very much okay with Fairy Types. It's nice for Dragon Types to finally get their Achilles' Heel and for the most part, they work very well. The introduction of Mega Evolution however, is a very mixed bag. The Mega Evolution designs do look menacing and more powerful, but I only really used it when I found myself in a sticky situation. Even then, the only Pokemon I used it on was Blastoise. As for the Kalos region, I can easily say its Pokemon seems a lot more varied than Unova, my favourite of the bunch being Pangoro. Though some Pokemon have very "out-there" methods of evolution. Take Pancham for example. To evolve him into Pangoro, you have to level him up to Lv. 33 while a Dark-Type is in your party. I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't Googled it out of curiosity. But it doesn't more strange than Inkay. To evolve it into Malamar, you have to (and I swear I'm not making this up) get it to Lv. 30 while holding your 3DS upside-down. Who the Hell would figure that out by themselves? I know Pokemon games in the past have had strange Evolution methods, but that's just ridiculous.

Also, I can't say that I really love Pokemon-Amie or the new method of EV Training. I don't hate it, mind you, it's just... there. That said, EV and IV training never really mattered to me in the first place. It's just another introduction that I more or less glance over for fun and then move on.

In fact, that's probably my biggest problem with Gen 6. I feel like it introduces too much at once. It's good to make changes and add new things, but I think the graphical step-up and Fairy Types were enough, with maybe Pokemon-Amie as a little extra. However, don't let my negative thoughts make you think that Gen 6 isn't worth your time. If you're an absolute Pokemon nut, then I still recommend it. I can't quite recommend it to anyone who haven't played a Pokemon game before, but that's a very small minority of gamers. Despite the negatives I've pointed out, it's still a rather good entry in the series. Gen 5 and Gen 2 do a much better job in my opinion, but I can easily say that Gen 6 is the most ambitious title the franchise has had and I have a feeling future entries will make great improvements in the formula.

(oh man, I went on forever there, didn't I)
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - PS3 - 9/10

Now it only took around 5 hours to beat the main story of this game, but it's extremely enjoyable. There's also plenty to do after you beat the game such as the challenge mode.

The game is looks very polished, the graphics and environments are beautiful. Cutscenes are balanced with humour and seriousness, it's clear this game serves to wrap up the PS3 era of R&C, and it does it extremely well. Doesn't quite top A Crack in Time but I did find Clank's netherverse segments more enjoyable than his puzzles in ACIT.

All in all, highly recommended. Looking forward to seeing where the series goes now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last game you played
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next