The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.

Go down 
+5
Jamy666
Thorn
Jymaru
StarlightSonic
Wally325
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. Empty
PostSubject: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:45 pm

As some of you may or maynot know, I aspire to be a games Artist when I grow up. You know, like concept art and stuff. Now I'm still only 12 so it's not gonna happen any time soon, if at all. So what do you guys and girls aspire to be? Do you think it's okay chasing your dreams? And...Do you think I have a chance at a games artist job?
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:17 pm

I think you have a real chance at that Wally. You're really good at art for your age.

As for me, I would like to be a Zookeeper, or something similar. Anything involving animals really.
It's hard to find those kinds of jobs nowadays though...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Jymaru
Jymaru

Female Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:23 pm

I want to be a game designer and artist, basically making games by myself for the masses (like Trouble At Bay).

And Wally, if you want to be a Game Artist... what kind of stuff do you draw? I might take you on to draw me some stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://jymaru.deviantart.com
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Being a voice actor is my dream. And people say I'd be good at it.
Back to top Go down
Jamy666
Sonic Rank
Jamy666

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Indeed, SFG is correct; Your art work is very fine, Wally. I'm sure if you keep at it, any game company would be proud to hire you, once you get older.

As for me, though. I've never really been sure what I've wanted to be. ...I did, at age 6 say I wanted to be a Chemist...which a bit silly... ^^;
Now, though, I aspire to get a job that helps to whom needs help...either human or animal. Due to depression though, I've had a 5-year stall, so to speak. v.v
Back to top Go down
http://Sombrearia@hotmail.co.uk
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Jamie-san would be good as a teacher or maybe a psychologist. He's that kind of person and that kind, and I'd go back to school if he was my teacher, yup yup :3
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 pm

What, really? Wow, you've given me some hope. ^_^

And Jya, I draw manga, a while ago I tried at drawing a simple Tank for a game Like Advance Wars. It's not great, but give me a subject and I'll give it a try....

Would you actually mind doing that? Just say anything, like, ' Gimme a Character. Maybe he's from the future.' Just say anything and give me a brief. That would really be helpful, I'll try to draw it.
Back to top Go down
Tails
Flicky
Tails

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I want to found a software company.
I'm already a game developer and I'm making a remake of the original SMB1 for the NES and the Famicom.
Oh, and, for the record, I'm 11. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Tails wrote:

I started my career when I was seven. Heh.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much success until last years, when I launched my first RMXP project.

btw, which software do you use?
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Tails wrote:

Maybe I was mistaken, Tails, but that came across pretty mean...
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Wally325 wrote:
Tails wrote:

Maybe I was mistaken, Tails, but that came across pretty mean...

No, he's bragging.

But I can beat him there, with quite a lot of things *sly smirk*
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Jymaru wrote:

No, he's bragging.

But I can beat him there, with quite a lot of things *sly smirk*

Hehe, I must say, Jymaru, I love my avatar. It Must be from some professional artwork..... Wink
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:41 pm

No need to try and out-do each other guys.

Tails is on the SEGA Forum, and from what I can see, he's just exaggerating a bit. He's not an actual game developer, he's just using something called game maker, to make a Mario game.

Anyway, keeping on topic... What's everyone gonna study after school? And for anyone who's finished, what did you do?

As for me I did an NVQ 2 in animal care after school, which I passed and got.
After that I went to college and started doing something more advanced, which is where I am now.
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 am

SonicFanGirl wrote:

Tails is on the SEGA Forum, and from what I can see, he's just exaggerating a bit. He's not an actual game developer, he's just using something called Game Maker, to make a Mario game.

That is game developing. There's several game makers out there:

RPG Maker series
RPG Maker 2000 <= Meh
RPG Maker 2k3 <= It got better
RPG Maker XP <= This is the best thing ever. I use this
RPG Maker VX <= I have this
RPG Maker DS (Japanese only) <= It needs translating into English
RPG Maker (other platforms) <= Never used 'em before

Game Maker <= Kinda meh, especially compared to RMXP

Sphere <= Kinda meh, even compared to GM

BYOND <= Online games only, not worth my time

Other things which probably aren't worth mentioning

On-topic: I've left school and I'm going on an NQ Computing and IT course from 24th August, in order to progress to the HND Interactive Multimedia Creations

Sidenote: I have no grades, which is why I have to start at the bottom.

*waits for people to do the Maths and yell "WHAT!?" in disbelief*

Yes, I am 14. Yes, I have left school (did so a year ago, officially (Yes, I left school at 13)). Yes, I am starting a full-time college course.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Jymaru wrote:
SonicFanGirl wrote:

Tails is on the SEGA Forum, and from what I can see, he's just exaggerating a bit. He's not an actual game developer, he's just using something called Game Maker, to make a Mario game.

That is game developing. There's several game makers out there

I know that. I meant that it isn't his actual job, it's just a hobby.

Anyway, how come you left school already? Surely that's not wise? =/
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:42 pm

SonicFanGirl wrote:
Jymaru wrote:
SonicFanGirl wrote:

That is game developing. There's several game makers out there

I know that. I meant that it isn't his actual job, it's just a hobby.

Anyway, how come you left school already? Surely that's not wise? =/

Oh, it's wise for me. I'm smart enough to pass GCSEs, and can prove it. That's how I got my college course
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks, for the challenge, Jya.
Back to top Go down
Evolia the Wolf
Tails Rank
Evolia the Wolf

Female Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 am

Wally325 wrote:
As some of you may or maynot know, I aspire to be a games Artist when I grow up. You know, like concept art and stuff. Now I'm still only 12 so it's not gonna happen any time soon, if at all. So what do you guys and girls aspire to be? Do you think it's okay chasing your dreams? And...Do you think I have a chance at a games artist job?

" Hey, you can be anything you want. A flying pixy horse is out the question however. Don't ask..I've already tried..." DX Rubs injuried elbow after a failed trampoline lift off.
"Anyways, I think me and you both, dude. I plan on becoming either a Game Programmer or just a Game Artist when I get up there. I wanna work for Sega, or any other company who takes over Sonic by teh time my learning's over. Maybe we'll see each other one day? XD
" I don't think you should say 'if at all.' Game Designers, no matter what catigory, have an awesome duty. We put belief and lots of creativity in peoples lives. We need to persue that goal to make the world a better place. Even if these so called 'experts' say video games create violence, they also gather families and make alotta love out there. (No, i'm NOT a hippie!) Go for it, dude! I know I will, and I'm not gonna hold back when my time comes. And don't worry, if you're determined, you'll make it, without a doubt. Go crazy, and don't hesitate when your chance comes."
Back to top Go down
http://Chaotixcentral.ownbb.com
K2SonicFan
Sonic Rank
K2SonicFan

Male Join date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

I wanna be a Graphic Designer or a Game boxart designer, Though I'll need renders!
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm, already a games designer, spriter, artist, all that stuff and things :3

I could literally create a game all by myself \o/

But I won't. Because I like dumping all the credit on someone else and going into the shadows, having done all the work on the project sharing credit
*doesn't like getting credited for things*
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Talk about luck of the draw, the guy who came in today to fix the washing machine noticed one of Dad's lighting equipment lying around and mentioned his sons are in the film industry. He showed me the producer's website which features this: http://www.themanofsteelisback.com/

He then asked me what I wanted to do and I actually mentioned voice acting. He put on the phone with said producer, I demonstrated by Dr. Claw impression and I was then asked to e-mail him my CV...

Sooo, whilst I still remain doubtful about the whole situation, I'm pretty fricken' excited.
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 pm

wow, thats really cool.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:55 pm

That's pretty neat. Good luck Thorn, hope you get it.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks guys. I guess it's true what they say. It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.   Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mum, Dad, I want to be a Games Artist.
Page 1 of 1