The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last movie you watched

Go down 
+6
LFshogun564
Chaos Dragon-Fox
Jamy666
Jymaru
Wally325
StarlightSonic
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Recently saw the movie again down in London with my sister. With this being my second viewing, I spotted a few things that I didn't notice before. For example, in the scene with Ralph in the spaceship, he crashes into Sonic at Game Central causing him to lose his rings. Or very early in the film, there's a bit of graffiti that states, "Shen Long was here." I will be very impressed (and question how much of a nerd you are) if you know what that's a reference to.

Some may roll their eyes and call this Pandering To Gamers. To me, it shows the attention to detail, something I wish more films did.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

I spotted quite a few Sonic cameos but that might have been because I was looking for him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 - 7/10

Considering I never saw the original film, I only went in there with a small bit of knowledge on what to expect. It turned out a bit better than expected. The animation was very well done, especially considering most of the characters have intentionally strange movements. The best bits of the comedy mostly come in the form of visual gags. The actual jokes themselves are hit and miss.

Overall, not fantastic, but enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 am

The World's End - 8/10
When I first watched this I didn't think much of it. I thought it was the weakest link in the Cornetto Trilogy-- but after rewatching Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, I thought I'd give it another shot, and I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more. One part in particular hit hard, even though it was a comedy, it felt very real. I think with these kind of intelligent comedies, the more you watch them, the better they get.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 9.5/10
Even better than the first, and that's saying something. Deals with some pretty heavy/dark stuff, too. Dreamworks aren't afraid to show something like it is, without the sugar coating. And make sure you see it in 3D, because like the first one, the flying scenes are really breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:13 pm

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - 7/10

Welcome to the new SpongeBob movie, how tough are ya?
I must say, I'm not a fan of this trend of turning classic animated shows into CGI films (aside from that Peanuts one, that looks amazing oh my god) so when I first saw the trailer for this film, I just groaned. It seemed so unnecessary. Initially, I had no interest since SpongeBob peaked with the first movie that came out 10 years ago (excuse me while I have an existential crisis)--- that was until I head the hoopla about this new film.
It had the original writers from the timeless first 3 seasons and most importantly; the majority of the film was traditionally animated. Like with Frozen, the trailers are misleading, the film is indeed mostly 2D animation which was amazing. It felt like classic SpongeBob, with the throwbacks, the humour and surrealism. However, the Live action parts and the CGI section is where it falls a bit flat. However the CGI is only the last act of the movie and it's worth it for the great animated parts.

It's not as good as the first SpongeBob movie but it's certainly still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last movie you watched
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9