The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last TV show you watched

Go down 
+2
Jymaru
Thorn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Celebrity Deathmatch - 9/10.

The only show on MTV that's actually good. I'd like to point out if you haven't seen the show, it's not real celebrities fighting to the death, just clay models like out of Wallace & Gromit. Not only is the animation flawless and brilliant, the writing is hilarious and inventive. But despite being clay models, I still wouldn't recommend it for the squeamish. Otherwise, you can easily find a lot of the fights on YouTube so have at it. Now if only MTV would make some new episodes.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:57 am

Alright, I said I'd go more in depth so here I go. Flame shields are up!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - 8/10.

First off, I will say that My Little Pony in general is rubbish. It had that particular image of what the perfect little girl should be like. Lauren Faust, the creator of this new show had personally said that she hated that and wanted to make a show about characters that are relatable and have actual conflicting problems. And sure enough, she succeeded, though there are still a few female elements in there.

It's worth mentioning that Lauren Faust is also the creator behind The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and it certainly shows in the animation and writing. And I've heard people say things like "how can you relate to these characters when they're just a bunch of girls?" To which I reply, "hey, girls are people too." So what this show basically does is instead of having ponies having tea parties and doing each other's hair and stuff, it says, "hey, girls are cool, girls are interesting." And while some may argue, including myself, that there are very stereotypical girls out there, it at least shows that not every girl just wants to go shopping or do their nails and whatnot.

The show isn't perfect and I'm not going to buy a lot of MLP merchandise (just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I'm an idiot), but it's good to know that they were genuinely trying to make something both special and entertaining. Apparently, they were still aiming the show at girls and weren't expecting the majority of the fanbase to be males between the ages of 14-35. Don't get me wrong, there are female fans (like my sister for example) but I think guys see it as a way to take a break from manly things and enjoy something different.

Aside from my sister, I'm not letting the rest of my family know about my fandom, not just because they wouldn't let me live it down but because they just wouldn't understand what I find so special about it. Just so you guys know, I'm not going to force this down your throats. I'm just saying don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Last edited by Thorn on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
K2SonicFan
Sonic Rank
K2SonicFan

Male Join date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 am

@Thorn My dad laughed at the idea that I like it.

And one of my sisters said, "Are you gonna watch Jem and the holograms, too?"

But my Mom wouldn't let that pass me by, In fact she talked to both of them, and I confronted them myself, So now they stopped acting liked I said I was gay...

But I come from a family of girls...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:21 am

Astro Boy - 7/10.

The first episode doesn't really do a good job of pulling you in but it does steadily improve. The English voices are... blech. Well, again, it does improve but it does make me wish there was a Japanese voice option and this is coming from someone who prefers watching animes in English (yeah, I said it). But the action scenes and that annoyingly catchy theme song do make it watchable, at least for me. Give it a try if you must but I wouldn't blame you if you stopped watching after about 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 pm

captain america (the first one from 1966) 8/10

I love old superhero shows! they make me laugh so much, i wish in real life when you hit someone it came up KA-POW!
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Sherlcok: reichenback falls - 9.75/10

I love this show more than i love everything else on tv put together
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 am

The Super Mario Bros. Super Show - 4/10.

Yeah, this show is pretty bad but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me chuckle, even if it's mostly at the shows expense. There are things I like about it like the various sound effects taken from the games and even the celebrity appearances in the live-action segments (Sgt. Slaughter even appears... hey, I think that's awesome) but as a whole, it's rather lousy. I can't argue with my childhood, though.

The Zelda cartoons also make me glad the games have no voice acting.
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

Female Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Rate the last TV you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Hmmm... I'd give it a 3 or a 3.5
Back to top Go down
http://jymaru.deviantart.com
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Devil May Cry - 8/10

Up until yesterday, I didn't even know an anime based on the games existed. Thanks again, Netflix, you soul-absorbing genius. The show is actually really good. It's funny, bloody, gory, action-packed and fun. Which is what anything based on Devil May Cry should be. My only gripe with this is Patty. She is an annoying pointless character who seems to have been added just for the show for no reason. Hmmm... reminds me of another pointless character in an anime based on a game.
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 pm

The Walking Dead - 10/10

Does anyone else watch this? It's an exceptionally brilliant zombie survial series. I only began watching it at the start of season 2, but I'm really into it now. Reccomended.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Clone High - 9/10

One of the funniest and smartest cartoons I've ever watched, even if it never got a second season. The characters are all teenage clones of historical figures given strange personalities. Abe Lincoln is trustingly naive, Joan Of Arc is secretly in love him, Ghandi is a party animal and John F. Kennedy is a jock. The jokes are really clever and the show itself is very entertaining. It's a cult classic.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:41 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - 8/10

Okay so it finally got me. It really is a well written show with great characters. I hated the original show when I was younger but this one is really something, it teaches good lessons and even provokes an emotional response. I can see why it's popular.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 pm

*opens arms* Welcome to the herd, my friend.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

BBC Sherlock - 9/10

I went into this not knowing what to expect and I ended up loving it. I'm not sure how to describe it but I would recommend it to anyone really. Just beware of all of the feels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Attack On Titan - 8/10

Truth be told, I didn't give the series a shot until after MCM back in May. The abundance of AoT cosplayers was enough to convince me how popular it really was...

... and honestly? I kinda want to do one myself now.

I figured I'd give my proper thoughts since the Funimation Dub of Season One's second half started last month. Admittedly, its beginning started off rather pretentiously. We've seen it before: kid gets traumatised, swears revenge and joins the military. But that aside, it teaches the value of standing in the face of danger with your close friends. The action is frantic and beautifully animated with an interesting (albeit a little confusing) story. In fact, the story can be both predictable and unpredictable at sporadic intervals. I won't say why for the sake of spoilers, but watch it and you'll agree.

It's not perfect, however. Like I said, it can get very confusing and even a bit too much all at once. With Season Two on the way, we've been left with some unanswered questions. I hear the manga has cleared a few things up at this point, but considering I don't read manga any more, I can't say for certain. However, they're questions that I'm longing for an answer for. And that's where AoT's beauty shines through. I like a series that can keep you guessing and while it doesn't pull it off in the best of ways, it's adequate enough that I want to know.

Despite these issues, Attack On Titan is still a damn good show. Take it from someone who fell out with anime not too long ago, it's great. Not perfect, but great. And honestly, even though not all the episodes have been dubbed yet, find the Funimation Dub. The voice acting is perfect. Hell, I think Armin sounds much better in English than he does in Japanese.

Still not convinced? Try listening to the theme song and come back to me:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last TV show you watched
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next