The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last TV show you watched

Go down 
+2
Jymaru
Thorn
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Clone High - 9/10

One of the funniest and smartest cartoons I've ever watched, even if it never got a second season. The characters are all teenage clones of historical figures given strange personalities. Abe Lincoln is trustingly naive, Joan Of Arc is secretly in love him, Ghandi is a party animal and John F. Kennedy is a jock. The jokes are really clever and the show itself is very entertaining. It's a cult classic.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:41 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - 8/10

Okay so it finally got me. It really is a well written show with great characters. I hated the original show when I was younger but this one is really something, it teaches good lessons and even provokes an emotional response. I can see why it's popular.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 pm

*opens arms* Welcome to the herd, my friend.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

BBC Sherlock - 9/10

I went into this not knowing what to expect and I ended up loving it. I'm not sure how to describe it but I would recommend it to anyone really. Just beware of all of the feels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Attack On Titan - 8/10

Truth be told, I didn't give the series a shot until after MCM back in May. The abundance of AoT cosplayers was enough to convince me how popular it really was...

... and honestly? I kinda want to do one myself now.

I figured I'd give my proper thoughts since the Funimation Dub of Season One's second half started last month. Admittedly, its beginning started off rather pretentiously. We've seen it before: kid gets traumatised, swears revenge and joins the military. But that aside, it teaches the value of standing in the face of danger with your close friends. The action is frantic and beautifully animated with an interesting (albeit a little confusing) story. In fact, the story can be both predictable and unpredictable at sporadic intervals. I won't say why for the sake of spoilers, but watch it and you'll agree.

It's not perfect, however. Like I said, it can get very confusing and even a bit too much all at once. With Season Two on the way, we've been left with some unanswered questions. I hear the manga has cleared a few things up at this point, but considering I don't read manga any more, I can't say for certain. However, they're questions that I'm longing for an answer for. And that's where AoT's beauty shines through. I like a series that can keep you guessing and while it doesn't pull it off in the best of ways, it's adequate enough that I want to know.

Despite these issues, Attack On Titan is still a damn good show. Take it from someone who fell out with anime not too long ago, it's great. Not perfect, but great. And honestly, even though not all the episodes have been dubbed yet, find the Funimation Dub. The voice acting is perfect. Hell, I think Armin sounds much better in English than he does in Japanese.

Still not convinced? Try listening to the theme song and come back to me:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last TV show you watched   Rate the last TV show you watched - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last TV show you watched
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2