The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Streamline Wii incoming!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

Streamline Wii incoming! Empty
PostSubject: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Nintendo are releasing a new streamline Wii that is designed to sit horizontally, includes a copy of Wii Play and Wii sports resort and includes a wii remote plus.

However it will not feature the ability to read Gamecube discs or even accept Gamecube controllers, which I really don't see the point in.

On that note, I don't see the point in releasing a Wii that is in my opinion worse than the current Wii. But what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 pm

I don't see the point in re-releasing the Wii so close to the WiiU launch. Still, it's better than Sony's upcoming re-release of the PSP with no Wi-Fi.
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Thorn wrote:
I don't see the point in re-releasing the Wii so close to the WiiU launch. Still, it's better than Sony's upcoming re-release of the PSP with no Wi-Fi.

Mmm, yes.

I don't know if you've ever tried it but playing SSBB with a GC controller is the way to play!
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Wally325 wrote:
Thorn wrote:

Mmm, yes.

I don't know if you've ever tried it but playing SSBB with a GC controller is the way to play!
Well, duh. Though, that said, once the new Smash Bros. comes out, well...
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 pm

It looks no different! The removal of the gamecube bits are probly because if people are buying a wii now, they probly dont have a gamecube anyway.
Back to top Go down
Aeolus
Flicky
Aeolus

Male Join date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Purely just a budget based system. Not going to replace existing models and it's reportedly unlikely to reach American shores.

Might seem unnecessary, but the cheaper price tag would attract those who don't own the console yet--as surprising as it seems--that also don't have the interest for any Gamecube games and peripherals.

Last edited by Aeolus on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaborated a bit more.)
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Seems pretty pointless to me. Can't see it doing very well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Aeolus
Flicky
Aeolus

Male Join date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Not as pointless as the "wi-fi less" PSP, in my opinion. They took the PSP-GO and did the exact opposite of it.

For a budget minded gamer I can't imagine how exactly is this a deal - they're missing out on the downloadable titles, online features and are stuck with a tired and dead format (UMD). Sony must enjoy trolling themselves; but that's not the discussion here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Streamline Wii incoming!   Streamline Wii incoming! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Streamline Wii incoming!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sonic Dimension :: Other Gaming :: Nintendo-
Jump to: