The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last movie you watched

Go down 
+6
LFshogun564
Chaos Dragon-Fox
Jamy666
Jymaru
Wally325
StarlightSonic
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:53 pm

LFshogun564 wrote:
Avengers assemble - 9/10

IT WAS AWESOME

You saw the it already? When? It'll be Saturday before I see it.
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Right, seen the Avengers, and I'm giving it a 10. Seriously.

Having said that, i thought up until
Spoiler:
everything was really quite unexciting, and I'll admit I was worried that it was going to stay boring the whole way through. How wrong i was.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:16 pm

So you thought up until that point was boring. Which is about half of the film. And you would still give it a perfect 10...

I'm not one to judge someone's system for rating something but... what?
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Corpse Bride - 9/10

Brilliant movie, the style and sets are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Thorn wrote:
So you thought up until that point was boring. Which is about half of the film. And you would still give it a perfect 10...

I'm not one to judge someone's system for rating something but... what?

After that bit really made up for it I thought. If you think thats a bit unfair, well I think diferently to you then. Maybe I shouldn't have said 'boring'. Bit of a strong word. I think... 'average'?

You got a favourite scene of the film Thorn? I thought Hulk stole the show.

'I'm always angry.'
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Beauty and the Beast 3D - 9/10

I didn't think the 3D would add much but it really worked, it was beautiful. Plus no-one else was there at all so me and my friend had the cinema to ourselves which was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:41 pm

StarlightSonic wrote:
Beauty and the Beast 3D - 9/10

I didn't think the 3D would add much but it really worked, it was beautiful. Plus no-one else was there at all so me and my friend had the cinema to ourselves which was pretty cool.
Wait, when did that film get a 3D release?
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Thorn wrote:
I'm not sure, pretty recently I think. I never saw it advertised or anything, I just noticed it on the listings.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:57 am

StarlightSonic wrote:
Thorn wrote:
I'm not sure, pretty recently I think. I never saw it advertised or anything, I just noticed it on the listings.

Yeah i went to see the avengers a little while ago and saw a poster when i was about to walk in the cinema room, not advertised at all except that one hidden spot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:44 pm

What ya think of the Avengers Kirky?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:22 am

It was absolutely amazing and the last 20 minutes with the hulk scenes i couldnt stop laughing xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Lilo & Stitch 2 Stitch has a Glitch - 9/10

Best Disney sequel next to The Lion King 2.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:27 am

The Dark Knight Rises - 9.5/10

I think we have a winner for definitive hero film. Or at the very least a rather strong contender. It was a fantastic way to end off the trilogy and kept me in awe. Bane is a great villain and probably the only one in anything with a villain who has motives that you can get behind. Not to mention his voice, while off-putting at first, gets better and better as the film goes, couples with a great script.

The one thing that holds it back from perfection, however is that we actually don't see a lot of Batman. Oh sure, we see Bruce Wayne a lot but over half of his scenes is without the Bat Suit. I get that he's in angst and hiding after Gotham believes he killed Harvey Dent but it was a small gripe.

The scenes with Batman, though, do make up for it and Catwoman and Bane certainly help in making the film what it is. It's certainly not the last of Batman we'll see on the big screen, but it's a satisfying conclusion nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Thorn wrote:
The Dark Knight Rises - 9.5/10

I think we have a winner for definitive hero film. Or at the very least a rather strong contender. It was a fantastic way to end off the trilogy and kept me in awe. Bane is a great villain and probably the only one in anything with a villain who has motives that you can get behind. Not to mention his voice, while off-putting at first, gets better and better as the film goes, couples with a great script.

The one thing that holds it back from perfection, however is that we actually don't see a lot of Batman. Oh sure, we see Bruce Wayne a lot but over half of his scenes is without the Bat Suit. I get that he's in angst and hiding after Gotham believes he killed Harvey Dent but it was a small gripe.

The scenes with Batman, though, do make up for it and Catwoman and Bane certainly help in making the film what it is. It's certainly not the last of Batman we'll see on the big screen, but it's a satisfying conclusion nonetheless.

I'm going to get shot for this... But...

I'd give it 5/10 MAX.

Now, perhaps this is an unfair opinion, as I haven't sat through all of the other two, but I honestly can't see how a bit of backstory could make so much of a difference. I just kept waiting for something to happen. I didn't enjoy it. Somethings I'd like to point out, some of these will contain spoilers.

Spoiler:

But yeah, as I've said, I was dissapointed. I wasn't going in biased either, I couldn't wait to see this awesome film... Well...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Back To The Future - 9.5/10

Words alone can't describe how much I love this movie. It's just an watch every time.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Brave - 8/10

I wasn't sure what to expect from this since some people were saying it's awful, and some were saying it's amazing.

It was very good though. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and the scenery is beautiful. Pixar aren't going downhill as some claim.
The movie was great, I would certainly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 pm

I really need to watch that. In fact, I have a day off tomorrow so maybe then.
Back to top Go down
Yioibon
Flicky
Yioibon

PostSubject: Resident Evil Retribution   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:31 am

The last movie I watched was Resident Evil: Retribution 3D. I usually am not a fan of 3D movies but, I love the Resident Evil series.

Plot Summary:
Alice fights alongside a resistance movement in the continuing battle against the Umbrella Corporation and the undead.

Critique:
Presentation: 6/10 - The intro is pretty long and takes you through the events of the last movie, after a weird reverse scene that they replay normally. At this point I lost hope for the movie but, continued watching (Alice is pretty hot at times). Without spoiling the movie, there is a lot of things wrong with it for an action/horror/sci-fi movie. Some of the villains and heros just do not die and there are a lot of moments that feel like they were there to use up the 2 hour 5 minute runtime. There is no explanation as to why they do not die after getting shot with tons of bullets, and how they came back to life. Even though there are some cool moments, the CGI made me feel like I was watching video game cut-scenes during some of the action. Also it was hard for anybody in theater to take seriously due to the CGI not looking realistic, IMO some of the monsters looked hilarious and I could not stop laughing.

Sound: 4/10 - Follows the pattern of modern horror movies (silence then ominous music followed by some noises to increase tension then BOOM the volume goes way too loud right when something jumps out)

Total Score: 7/10 - Resident Evil: Retribution is not a total waste of a movie (plot wise) but, do not go expecting to see a realistic, serious movie. I only gave it a 7/10 because, it was entertaining to watch at times due to the horrible CGI. My main gripe is that there are lots of scenes that lead you on, only to be a simulation that adds nothing to the plot, wasting your time. Also, the final fight scenes leave much to be desired as they are cut in a clumsy way that is just confusing (split second jump cuts from one fight to the other, over and over again).
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 am

Street Fighter: The Movie - 3.5/10

So, so many inconsistencies. *clears throat*

Why is Chun-Li a news reporter instead of a police officer for Interpol?
Why is Guile - an American soldier - played by a Belgian actor?
Why is Dhalsim a scientist?
Why is Balrog working with Chun-Li when canonically he works for M. Bison?
Why is Ken just such an ass in this film?
Why is Shadaloo an entire country instead of a secret criminal organisation?

But the one that really gets me is Blanka. Canonically, Jimmy Blanka was a pale skinned Brazilian boy involved in a plane crash in the Amazon, of which he was the sole survivor. In this however, he just a captured soldier involved in a genetic experiment... words fail me.

But to be brutally honest, this one of those "so bad it's great" films. Not like the sequel which was just down-right awful.
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Spoiler:
1. Catwoman on the Bat nike was just to get Anne Hathaways ass in the air.
2. You do NOT drag a Nuclear bomb down the road.
3. He climbs out of a prison, where he's been malnourished, and somehow walks across a desert and ends up in Gotham City.
4. I don't care what fancy suits you've got Batty Boy, you are NOT going to escape a Nuclear Bomb explosion when your at the epicentre of it.

1.dont be stupid
2.it was inside a solid metal casing, and im sure it had gone over a few few bumps in the truck already.
3.hes batman
4.hes batman

i feel this is the post of someone who went into this film deliberatly not wanting to enjoy it.

looper - 10/10
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Space Jam - 5/10

I think the reason I liked this movie when I was younger is that I was hooked on Looney Tunes. The voice work isn't up to scratch. Yeah, I know Mel Blanc died and everything but most of those voices, while not particularly bad, just sounded rather off (minor exception to characters like Pepe Le'Pew and Foghorn Leghorn). It pains me to say it because Bugs and Elmer are voiced by Billy West. The jokes are off as well, though there are moments that do make me smile like Swackhammer mistaking Bill Murray for Dan Ackroyd. Lastly, I can't get over Michael Jordan stretching his arm to score the win. I get he's in a cartoon world where anything is possible but for someone in real life, it just looks freaky.

Overall, not a terrible movie but one that hasn't aged particularly well.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 am

Frankenweenie - 8/10

Really enjoyable and unique. Tim Burton's style is brilliant, highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Bronies: The Unexpected Adult Fans Of My Little Pony - 10/10

This wonderful documentary is truly special. You can tell a lot of effort and love went into it and it pays off. And it also shows that while being a brony is certainly not easy, there's no reason to keep it a secret from others, no matter what the payoff. I laughed, I cried, I mini-raved at a certain point and was overall both happy and glad that I'm part of an amazing and caring community.

The film is available to download here: http://www.scrnland.com/shows/3/
It's not free to download, but for less than £10, it's more than worth it.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Wreck-It Ralph - 8.5/10

Was definitely worth the long wait (seriously, Disney, that wait on us was unnecessary). It certainly does cater to the gamers rather than the general audience but frankly, I'm more than okay with that. Really great animation, the writing was both emotional and hilarious and of course, the cameos and references were welcome. Though, in all honesty, for a film that's supposed to cater to gamers, I still think Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is a superior movie. But that's no reason to pass up Ralph.

Oh, and the thing I said before about Kano being in a Disney movie? Yeah, he still rips out a guys heart. Granted, it's the zombie but still...
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Wreck-It Ralph - 9.5/10

Pretty much agree with you Thorn. I have no idea why we had to wait so long for it but it was a fantastic movie. Definitely up there for one of my favourites of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Rate the last movie you watched - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last movie you watched
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next