The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Those "How Did I Do That?" moments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

Those "How Did I Do That?" moments Empty
PostSubject: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

These are moments when you've done something in a video game and wondered just how on earth you did it.

One of these happened no less than an hour go when playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. I was on the second-to-last level in the game and I don't mind telling you it was ruddy difficult. I was feeling very skepticl about completing it without losing every single life I had (the level had taken away 13 lives after all). And then, ll of sudden, I beat it. Why is this so special you may ask. IT WAS ON MY LAST LIFE! 13 must be my lucky number. Needless to say, I was scooting back off to Cranky Kong's Shop to buy more lives after that.

However, these moments can come in the form of something very weird happening. Glitches included (for the most part).

One such example was on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 in the Philadelphia level with the big fountain. One of the missions in this level is to drain said fountain. Anyway, I'm just mucking around on the level and I find myself about to land in the fountain. I don't know what posessed me to press the Grind button but I did. And suddenly I found myself grinding on the water. Wondering if I had become the skateboarding equivalent of Jesus, I did eventually find the switch to drain the fountain and discovered there were actually just rails underneath the water (one day I'll be as good as you, Skateboard Jesus).

Anyway, what about you? Any amusing or shocking stories.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

I can only think of one.
Once, when I was playing Spyro 2 years ago in Breeze Harbour I dived near the steps in the first pool you fill and ended up swimming in the air. I think doing this is fairly common knowledge among Spyro fans nowadays though. There's several other places you can do it too; such as Idol Springs and Winter Tundra.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Tails321
Tails Rank
Tails321

PostSubject: Re: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:36 am

Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast. I was going for a new high score and I was driving up a hill road. Going fast the taxi did a jump at the top of the hill, and it was another hill road and I "crashed" into the air oddly enough. It didn't matter since I got a record high score that time I played it.

Sonic Riders on GameCube. On the first track I once fell through the ground in the tunnel. It only happened once, it's unusual since it's not a glitchy game.
Back to top Go down
K2SonicFan
Sonic Rank
K2SonicFan

Male Join date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 pm

I was playing Sonic Unleashed on my 360 and I beat that Empire City night level on my last life...
Back to top Go down
Yioibon
Flicky
Yioibon

PostSubject: Re: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 am

When I 1cc'ed After Burner at the local arcade, in the 80's. To this day I have no idea how I did it, that last boss is just insanely tedious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those "How Did I Do That?" moments   Those "How Did I Do That?" moments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Those "How Did I Do That?" moments
Page 1 of 1