The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Sonic Colours Thread

Go down 
+6
Pikmin Freak
Jymaru
Tails321
Jamy666
Thorn
StarlightSonic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

Official Sonic Colours Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4PRXf0TYs&feature=player_embedded
Blog: http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/05/26/introducing-sonic-colors/

Press Release: LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 26th, 2010) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic Colours™, a brand new high speed action adventure in which Sonic the Hedgehog races through incredible theme park inspired worlds to rescue a colourful alien race from the clutches of Dr Eggman. Sonic Colours will be available on the home video game system Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system late in 2010.
An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumours are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colourful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape! Sonic Colours for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, whilst the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console’s dual screen.
“The vibrant alien world of Sonic Colours enables players to race at top speed through incredible looking planets, each with their own unique visual style.” commented Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing, SEGA. “In addition to the classic Sonic game play style, the colourful new Wisp power ups offer a fresh new way of exploring these worlds and helps make Sonic faster than ever before!”
Sonic Colours sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps in Sonic Colours each have a unique “Colour Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb whilst speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly and exclusive Wisp power ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.
Sonic Colours will be available on the home video game system Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system late in 2010.

OMG this is awesome news! I did not expect this at all, it looks awesome! *Fangasms*

What do you guys think? Were you expecting this at all?

Last edited by StarlightSonic on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:48 pm

I myself am not expecting anything particularly special or ground-breaking. Guess I'll just have to wait a little more.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Am I the only one who's actually excited about this? Everyone seems to be being rather negative... :?
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm

I never said I was negative. I'm just saying I'm not anticipating a revolutionary game concept. From what I can tell, the Wii version sounds like Sonic Unleashed minus the Werehog... sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Jamy666
Sonic Rank
Jamy666

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:46 pm

SonicFanGirl wrote:
Am I the only one who's actually excited about this? Everyone seems to be being rather negative... :?

I'm excited. Any new Sonic game is a reason to go "woo"...or something of that nature. ^^;
I just hope I can afford it, then.

But...The ability to absorb creatures powers...where have I heard that before..?
Back to top Go down
http://Sombrearia@hotmail.co.uk
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm

So many people are complaining about it already. They're saying things like; it's childish, and it's too much like Mario Galaxy and Pokemon (WTF?).

These people seriously call themselves Sonic fans? Why must they complain about everything, it's only just been announced.
There doesn't seem to be anyone on here like that though, which is good.
Back to top Go down
Jamy666
Sonic Rank
Jamy666

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:20 pm

How could it possibly be like Pokémon..?
From what I've heard, Sonic tries to save multi-coloured aliens for an amusement park of Eggman's creation, and to which, gain abilities from them... I don't see how that's like Pokémon.

Must people complain wherever a new Sonic game is released..? Those who do, aren't real fans, as they aren't giving Sonic games a chance to be played. They seem to be more troll-esque...
First they complain the Sonic series has lost its roots, so SEGA actually releases Sonic 4 (soon), and then they complain about minor details like eye colour, and Ivo being referred to as "Eggman", which he always was in the Japanese version.
Now they're once again accusing Sonic of being a sell-out, when the very first announcement of Sonic colours has been release... I respect people's opinions, don't get me wrong, I just don't see how someone that call them self a "Sonic fan", when they could be so negative about a Sonic game they barely know about...
Sorry for the rant, guys... I hope I didn't damage the thread...
Back to top Go down
http://Sombrearia@hotmail.co.uk
Tails321
Tails Rank
Tails321

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

This actually surprises me. Looks like another Wii and DS game to look forward to. I hope to see more, though it wouldn't surprise me if some people don't like the idea of it.

SonicFanGirl wrote:
So many people are complaining about it already. They're saying things like; it's childish, and it's too much like Mario Galaxy and Pokemon (WTF?).

These people seriously call themselves Sonic fans? Why must they complain about everything, it's only just been announced.
This doesn't really surprise me, no matter what there's always complaints I think. I remember someone once saying on Sega's forums a long time ago that Sonic's fanbase was "unpleasable". I doubt it's true for everyone, since I've enjoyed every Sonic game I played, not counting ones I haven't played yet.

Last edited by Tails321 on Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reply to quote)
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

Female Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

SonicFanGirl wrote:

Childish, eh?

*flashback to when I first played Sonic Heroes*

GIVE EET TO ME~ 8D NAO~ 8D

(Sorry, I'm a bit insane atm)
Back to top Go down
http://jymaru.deviantart.com
Pikmin Freak
Tails Rank
Pikmin Freak

Male Join date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:14 pm

To be honest, after 24 seconds of a very short trailer, I really can't judge the game yet. It seems unique, as it'd be pretty neat having the Wisp's change your colour and give you different abilities. I'm hoping for the levels to be like Unleashed's Day Time levels.

Also, the music is awesome. ^^
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Some awesome game artwork: http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Sonic-Colours-NP-art.jpg

Also the Wii version to be developed by Sonic Team only and the DS version is to be developed by Sonic Team and Dimps.

Last edited by SonicFanGirl on Thu May 27, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Dimps, eh? Well, I guess that means the DS version will be like Sonic Rush.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Apparantly it's aimed at a younger audience: http://www.tssznews.com/2010/05/27/exclusive-sonic-colors-developed-by-storybook-division-meant-for-young-crowd/

I would treat this a a rumor for now though as TSSZ are known for being wrong.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:49 pm

*crosses fingers that it's false*
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

I hope Tails' is in it!!

*Watches Trailer*
*Calms Down*

*Looks at Artwork*
*PANICS!!*

Seriously though, if theres no Tails, I'm gonna cry.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Tails is definitely in it. It's not confirmed if he's playable or not yet though.
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm

I want Silver to be in it :3

Blaze too
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:22 pm

SonicFanGirl wrote:
Tails is definitely in it. It's not confirmed if he's playable or not yet though.

Breath in, exhale, breathe in, exhale....

I'm better now. Is it going to be 2-D or 3-D?
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:46 pm

For the Wii version it's going to be a mixture of both 2-D and 3-D. Much like the day stages of Sonic Unleashed.

The DS version will be all 2-D, similar to Sonic Rush.
Back to top Go down
Tails321
Tails Rank
Tails321

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 pm

SonicFanGirl wrote:
For the Wii version it's going to be a mixture of both 2-D and 3-D. Much like the day stages of Sonic Unleashed.

The DS version will be all 2-D, similar to Sonic Rush.
That's cool, since I liked both styles from those games. Seeing how it's a console and a handheld game, I wonder if it's going to be its own series or part of the main series.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Nintendo Power's Preveiw:

Quote :
The game looks pretty nice, think of it as a prettier looking version of the Wii version of Unleashed, the two zones that were featured were Sweet Mountain zone, and Tropical Reservoir zone, and the former is a mountain of pastries, the said they wanted to include the crazy level designs from the old games, which is fine by me. It also said that in the 3D sections it will focus more on running from A-B akin to the Daytime stages of Unleashed, while the 2D sections will be more for platforming.

The DS version, can easily be called Sonic Rush 3, it looks exactly like those games, even the tension gauge is there, they said it would be similar to the Wii version.

Tails appears in the story but Sonic will be the only playable, they said the story is simple, light, and goofy, which is fine by me. Knuckles, and Shadow may also make an appearance in the game.

If someone has scans, please show them, because seeing it, is better than me explaining it.

Oh and Eggmanland makes a return, Yaaayyyy.

Last time I checked the storybook games didn’t have platforming, and there will be platforming.

Also there’s a level with giant Cheeseburgers.

I’m being serious, its really there, you also bounce off jello.

Looks promising.
Back to top Go down
Tails321
Tails Rank
Tails321

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Sounds like it's going to be good so far. Giant Cheeseburgers?!? Are we serious, Sonic gets to travel to a world of Cheeseburgers. I can't wait to see that in action. Laughing :D
Back to top Go down
Jymaru
Jymaru

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 am

*drools on pastry and burgers*

I'm going to get this game...
Back to top Go down
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Aww, I was looking forward to playing as Tails :(
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Here are the first scans from Nintendo Power

Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0967
Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0980
Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0982
Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0977
Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0968
Official Sonic Colours Thread  100_0972
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Sonic Colours Thread    Official Sonic Colours Thread  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Sonic Colours Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next