The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Well since it's confirmed in development, I thought it would be nice to have a tread to talk about it, and speculate.

So, what are you guys hoping to see in the new game?
I'm just really hoping that they bring back Sonic, maybe with Shadow or Knuckles playable too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 am

Well, Sakurai has hinted a Capcom character could possibly make an appearance. Meaning a character like Mega Man or Ryu could duke it out with them.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 pm

It's probably unlikely, but I'd love to see Amaterasu appear as a playable character.
Also I'm willing to bet that Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark.
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I bet they try and put in some sort of story mode, to make it look like a 'brand new adventure' and not just new characters and stages
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I hope it's compatible with the gamecube controller. I'm so used to using it for SSB
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm

SonicFanGirl wrote:
I hope it's compatible with the gamecube controller. I'm so used to using it for SSB

Since it'll support Wii hardware, your best bet is probably to buy controllers made for the Wii that resemble Gamecube controllers. Although, that said, Nintendo are a wise bunch so if they don't include Gamecube controllers, I'll be quite shocked.

Although, that said (again), I'll have to get used to 3DS controls and the Wii U pad looks no different to the 3DS as far as control schemes go. It might be quite fun playing differently but we'll have to wait and see on that.
Back to top Go down
K2SonicFan
Sonic Rank
K2SonicFan

Male Join date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 pm

I want Megaman in this game!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

So, oh yeah, we have a thread about this game. Anyway, did you enjoy playing as Sonic and Snake in Brawl? Then prepare to be disappointed: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/40711/smash-bros-wii-u-may-not-feature-more-non-nintendo-characters/

Honestly, though I would have liked them to return as well a Namco character to appear, I'm perfectly fine with this. He does hold a good point that it might ruin the initial point of the game.

Also, hope you're okay with changing the name of the thread.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 pm

I hope they still keep Sonic at least. Snake I doubt we'll see again though.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 am

As long as Link is there i dont mind :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Sakurai has sustained an injury in his arm. Calcific Tendonitis to be more exact. As a result, Smash Bros. U will be delayed: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sakurai-arm-injury-impacting-smash-bros-development-6404558

To his surprise, lots of fans have sent him well-wishes on Twitter and I'm in agreement for delaying progress on the game until he feels fit to work again. He's a human being after all and I'm sure Namco Bandai will still be doing a lot of the "heavy lifting" so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 am

So how does everyone feel about this game now it's been enough time since the original trailer? Are you excited? Are there things you want to see?

And what are your thoughts on the new challengers?

Villager looks like an interesting character. He has a very quirky moveset and might be good for players who like to experiment.

Wii Fit Trainer, while certainly an odd choice, looks interesting as well. She may this game's Joke Character but if I enjoy playing as Phoenix Wright in UMVC3, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing as her as well. She's also the only new character to be shown with a Final Smash so far.

Mega Man... well, come on, you guys know I'm looking forward to playing as him. He's one of the sole reasons I'm excited for the game in the first place.

If you want a more detailed explanation of how these characters work, take a look at this:

Last edited by Thorn on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Megaman wasn't surprising at all. But the Wii Fit trainer? Nah, who asked for that?

I'm just hoping Sonic comes back, and I'll be happy.

I'm wondering what's gonna happen to Lucario though. I have a feeling he'll be replaced with either a brand new Pokémon or maybe Newtwo.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 am

Captain Olimar returns: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/pikmin.html

I personally think Olimar was rather underrated in Brawl. I was wondering if they were going to replace him with one of the protagonists from Pikmin 3, but it's good to see him back. I guess Sakurai just didn't want to get rid of the star.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:22 pm

A screenshot showing off a new stage in the 3DS version is shown. The stage itself is from Kid Icarus: Uprising and it's heavily implied that the Goddess Of Nature, Viridi, will be some form of stage hazard. Most likely sending her forces in the attack. Which makes me believe Phosphora could make an appearance as well. It makes sense, since she was a boss and all. What I'm saying is that you people really should play Uprising. It's a fantastic game.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Image_58780_thumb_wide610
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 pm

The Wii U version has a new stage - The Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS ZlCfzRGJsGMjAq_hfl

This is actually the second time The Pyrosphere appears in a fighting game. You could unlock this stage in Dead Or Alive: Dimensions on the 3DS. It makes sense since Team Ninja did develop Other M.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Sonic was just confirmed to make a return. Let the hype begin, I was starting to get worried there.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

StarlightSonic wrote:
Sonic was just confirmed to make a return. Let the hype begin, I was starting to get worried there.
Ahhh, you beat me to it, you sneaky devil. Still though, I called it from the start. Considering SEGA's worldwide partnership with Nintendo, there was no way he wouldn't make it.

Looking at the screenshots, they've done a great job making Sonic look more expressive. He mostly had a bland face in Brawl, so that's a nice touch.

Oh, and I realise I'm late for this one, but I'm also glad to know Toon Link returns. Considering he appears in the Spirit Tracks stage in the 3DS version, I thought he wouldn't make it at all. But it's technically a different incarnation so I suppose it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, that perfect grin of his. And it looks like we get a Lost World stage too.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 pm

This image makes me want to order the Sonic/Mega Man crossover comic.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Screen-3
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:15 am

An intriguing screenshot emerges:
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS ZlCfzRKNIWIPDLF-09
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Another intriguing screenshot:
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS ZlCfzRK_83041KDIoc

My guess is that it's just an alternate skin, much like how Wario could switch between overalls and his biker outfit in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 am

Marth returns. And I think he has the best looking model out of everyone so far:
http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/marth.html
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 am

The demo of the 3DS version is quite good. You only get to play as Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man and Villager and use one stage.

Impressive graphics for the system and maintains 60 fps. Controls are kinda awkward, though. I liked discovering the new items and Pokemon, but I'll be passing on this version and saving for the Wii U version.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Yeah, I can't say I blame you. I'm sure the 3DS version is going to be the toast of the gaming town for the longest time. Then when the Wii U version is released, it'll probably get shelved for a bit. Mind you, the 3DS version will be played a lot by me for several reasons ie: long journeys, conventions, work breaks etc. but the Wii U version will definitely get the most amount of attention from everybody.

EDIT: Also, the New 3DS will include a C-sticking option for the game, whether people like that or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next