The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Picked up the game today and I'm really enjoying it. The new characters I've played as so far are mostly awesome, though Rosalina's given me a little trouble. At the current time, I'm enjoying Mega Man and Shulk the most. Little Mac, Greninja and Robin are no slouches either. Little changes made to returning fighters are great too. I can happily say Captain Falcon is buffed up nicely, I love how Pit handles and I'm already getting used to Shiek and Zero Suit Samus being separate characters from before. I'll give it some time before I post in the rating thread, but so far, it's a thumbs-up from me.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:09 pm

The Wii U version will be released December 5th. Have a little trailer along with the news:
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Looks like Mewtwo is finally back, among a ton of great new info for Smash in the Direct yesterday. I hope Mewtwo is available as purchasable DLC for those that can't get both copies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm pretty sure he'll make it in for purchase. It'd be pretty foolish not to.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Good news, Mewtwo will be available for purchase sometime next year:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/20/mewtwo-will-be-available-as-paid-dlc-in-smash-bros-after-all
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Depending on retailers, the UK is apparently going to be delayed even further in receiving Smash 4, due to late/no stock supply from Nintendo. I'm not sure I even have any words for how immensely disappointing this is.

At least there's Pokémon OR/AS.

Edit: According to the message I received about my pre-order. The estimated delivery is now late December... No retailers have it atm, and if they do, it's extremely overpriced. I'm so upset.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

I guess I'm incredibly lucky since my copy arrived a day early.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Did you manage to get the GameCube adaptor? Seems the main issue is with them. Nintendo didn't manufacture enough and currently aren't planning on making more-- which seems pretty foolish considering the overwhelming demand. There's issues with the stock of Amiibo, too.

I managed to snag a copy of it with the adaptor that wasn't being priced at upwards of £80. Still won't get it until next week. Really disappointed in Nintendo atm.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:59 am

Yeah, I managed to get the adaptor, though there's no news on the Smash Bros. Gamecube controller I ordered alongside it. Not a huge deal since my old GC controllers still function perfectly well, even if they're a little worse for wear after nearly ten years. I haven't bought any Amiibos yet, though the only one I want right now is Link since he unlocks a weapon in Hyrule Warriors.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:08 am

Nintendo aren't doing very well at the moment.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/new-smash-bros.-for-wii-u-error-can-leave-the-game-unplayable#.VH0pPIo8LCT

Literally just got my copy. Don't think I'll risk playing anymore until Nintendo address this. Haven't touched For Glory yet, thankfully.

Edit: It appears the issue isn't isolated to Smash. It's been previously reported in other games such as WindWaker and Scribblenauts, but with Smash being the hottest game right now, it's being discovered more. It seems to be a hardware/firmware issue in certain Wii Us. Nintendo are investigating it atm. It should be safe to play Smash, but if the error comes up, the last thing you want to do is reformat or you might brick it. Also, never turn off any game while it's saving. Personally I'll still avoid For Glory for now.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:41 pm

I've heard about this as well. I've yet to encounter anything myself, but thanks for bringing this up. To play it safe, it might also be a good idea to exit the game via the Home Menu as opposed to just switching the console off while the game is active.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 pm

So, yeah, Mewtwo's pretty cool. He seems a bit slower than I remember him being in Melee, but I like him more overall than before. His Shadow Ball is incredibly powerful, but takes much longer to fully charge. And his Side B's been altered to reflect projectiles, which is cool too.

The only disappointing thing is that there's no Palutena's Guidance entry for him in Palutena's Temple. And from the sounds of it, it seems to be that way for future DLC characters.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Thorn wrote:
The only disappointing thing is that there's no Palutena's Guidance entry for him in Palutena's Temple. And from the sounds of it, it seems to be that way for future DLC characters.

He does seem to have one-- albeit unimpressive. GameXplain uploaded it.

I can't wait to try Mewtwo, he looks fun. I couldn't afford both copies of the game so I have wait 2 more weeks. There are tons of Mewtwo on For Glory, it's going to be a long two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 pm

StarlightSonic wrote:
Thorn wrote:

He does seem to have one-- albeit unimpressive. GameXplain uploaded it.
Oh yeah, I looked at what it is already. It just seems that it'll be the same dialogue for Lucas and future DLC characters. That bums me out to be honest. I can totally imagine Pit comparing Mewtwo to Dark Pit and Viridi being disgusted with how he's a genetically engineered life-form. Swings and roundabouts in the end, though.

Oh yeah, the Mii Fighter costumes are out today as well. Gotten those or just weren't interested? I'm only planning on getting Mega Man X, Proto Man and Dunban. Maybe the logo gear as well if I feel up to it.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:40 pm

I've honestly never touched the Mii fighters. I don't care for Miis personally, but I must admit, those costumes do look pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:53 pm

So this Sunday sees the release for the DLC featuring Lucas, the Inkling costumes for Mii Fighters and the Miiverse stage. Unlike Mewtwo, this DLC is a paid one, meaning that even if you did register both versions of the game, you're paying for this one regardless. But that's not all. Sakurai will be hosting a live Micro-Direct at 3:40pm GMT talking about the update and what we can expect. That can't be all, though. There has to be some more news for this presentation. Is Ryu on his way like the rumours are saying? Will there be stage packs? Will we finally get information about the damn tournament mode already?

Predictions, GO!
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:51 pm

A new character will certainly get a reveal. I hope they announce some more stages too.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Ryu, I am going to love you. Seriously, they could have made him as basic as possible, and you can if you prefer, but actually implementing Street Fighter mechanics into his moveset? Sakurai, you magnificent bastard, I could kiss you.

... oh, and Roy's back... wooooo...

Okay, we already knew about these thanks to the leaks yesterday, but that Direct still knocked it out of the park. And they're available now along with the Miiverse stage, Suzaku Castle from Street Fighter 2 (bundled with Ryu) and the new Mii Fighter costumes. I wasn't expecting costumes based on Virtua Fighter.

They also announced that Tourney Mode with be available in August along with the ability to upload replays to your YouTube channel. That's also pretty sweet.

And in case you missed the Direct:
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:14 am

Well, this came out of nowhere:
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:45 am

Probably because it wasn't leaked beforehand. Poor Luigi is getting a raw deal this year.
The stage looks pretty creative, though. I still need to get Mario Maker.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 6:45 pm

If I'm honest, the Mario Maker stage is... meh. Like, it's not a bad stage, but I was expecting it to be a bit more wacky, y'know? However, it was such a pleasant surprise to see the return of the Pirate Ship stage from Brawl. Love that stage so much and the Omega version is a cannon turret with the Pirate Ship itself sailing by in the background.

In addition to that, the Duck Hunt stage from Smash Wii U has been put into the 3DS version as part of a free update. So that's pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Cloud Storms Into Battle:

You see, leakers? This is what happens you keep the information to yourself for once. Plus we've got a special Smash Bros. Direct next month. Somehow, I doubt Cloud is the winner of the ballot. May not be a Final Fantasy guy, but this is pretty damn cool.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Cloud has probably been in the works for a while. The ballot only ended last month, so I bet the special direct next month will tell all.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 CVyfkgAWIAAMMwj
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 11:07 pm

While the dust is still settling, if you have yet to watch the Smash Direct, watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JERhUoQoU

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2