The Sonic Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all Sonic and Gaming fans alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the last game you played

Go down 
+8
Evolia the Wolf
K2SonicFan
LFshogun564
Jamy666
Jymaru
Wally325
Tails321
StarlightSonic
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

Female Join date : 2009-12-03

Rate the last game you played - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 8/10

Really enjoyable platformer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFanGirl2007
Thorn
Thorn

Male Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Super Mario 64 - N64 - 8/10.

Still a great game to pass the time but I'll openly admit that it has aged compared to the Galaxy titles.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Paper Mario - N64 - 9/10

Haven't played this so long. Forgot how good it was.
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Fifa street - 8/10

forgot how much I loved this game, The commentary is brilliant
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Kid Icarus: Uprising - 3DS - 9/10.

A great return for a legendary angel. It makes me wonder what Nintendo will do for him in the future.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 pm

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge - PS2 - 10/10

Why have I not played this before. It's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

Male Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Psychonauts 9/10, but I have not finished it yet and already feels amazing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaKirky15?feature=mhee
Wally325
Super Sonic Rank
Wally325

Male Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Transformers Autobots on DS 8/10

Saw it for a tenner and couldn't resist reliving the memories. It's not as good as I remebered though...
Back to top Go down
LFshogun564
Super Sonic Rank

Male Join date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 pm

cooking mama 4 demo - oh dear.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Mega Man 5 - NES - 5.5/10

It's still got some things that define the series and there a few nice level designs such as Gravity Man's anti-gravity sections and even a jet-ski point in Wave Man's stage. But on the whole, the game is pretty easy compared to the likes of, say, MM3. Not great and but too bad.

Skullgirls - XBLA - 8/10

Fantastic fighting game, if a little cheap at times. The characters are great and hilarious, the art style is really nice (as long as you don't mind a little sex appeal) and the jazz music is surprisingly fitting. One thing that I dislike though is the lack of a move-list in-game. You actually have to go to the Skullgirls website to see it. Really, Konami? That's how you're drawing in site hits? Well that may be annoying but it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment of this game.

Metroid Prime (Trilogy version) - Wii - 9/10

It really is as great as they say it is, and that's coming from someone who hasn't played a lot of Metroid.

Last edited by Thorn on Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Mario Tennis Open - 3DS - 8/10

WARNING: This rating may be rather long.

I was a little sceptical about this game considering the mixed reviews, so I bought it with caution. (Most of) my fears have been put to rest, though because it's very good so far. The Single Player can drag a little with the tournaments but is a nice package overall. The minigames are a great time-waster, especially since you need to get the gold challenge to unlock the characters and earn coins for your Mii. Speaking of which, it's nice that the kit you can buy for your Mii is more than cosmetic, but it can be very easy to make an over-powered character, something I'm sure will be barred in tournaments. The lack of character-specific powers are a double-edged sword. While it does make the game a little less wacky (which does bring the game back a little), it also makes it more balanced, though the powers that appear on the ground can make a game a little one-sided at points. The Gyro controls are a novelty at best. You may try it out once for fun but you'll quickly turn it off. The only difference in the courts are ball physics. Again, probably more for a balanced game but I kind of miss the crazy gimmicks. The multi-player is great, especially against friends, though depending on where you are from another person, the lag can get to you. It's probably why random matches only take place for people in your region. I had a match against a friend of mine from Australia and the match was almost unplayable. The 3D is nice but certainly not needed and a little flat compared to the likes of Kid Icarus or Ocarina of Time. Finally, the music is pretty good. It's not a killer soundtrack and some tracks may grate on you after a while but there are some really great pieces. Like this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z48IdEIG2n4

TL;DR: While it may not be the strongest of Mario's Sports outings, it's great to play in short bursts and if you have friends to play it with, it can be a blast.

Also, from now on, if I see more than a Double Post in this forum, I'll combine them into one post. Tidy the place up a little, y'know?
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Sly Raccon - PS2 - 9/10

Brilliant platformer, really colourful and I love the cel shaded graphics.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Trilogy version) - Wii - 6/10.

Considering the sheer brilliance of the first Metroid Prime, this one is a bit disappointing. The whole Light Word/Dark World concept is a cool idea, especially for puzzle solving (not to mention it brings back memories of Link To The Past), but it isn't always pulled off very well, especially considering the Dark World has a poisonous atmosphere to Samus (until you get the Light Suit, at least). It's also incredibly stupid that extra Beam weapons have their own Ammo meter, especially since you need to defeat enemies with the Dark Beam to get ammo for the Light Beam and vice versa. There is enjoyment to be had out of this game, but you have to go through a lot of dumb decisions to get to them.

Thankfully, it should be worth it when I get into Prime 3, at least from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Kingdom Hearts - Birth By Sleep - PSP - 10/10

This game is amazing. It has the best battle system out of all the KH games, and as always with KH, the story is brilliant and compelling. There is so much emotion, and it ties together a lot of the series. Fantastic music track too.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance - 10/10

Only the demo so far, but being a fan of the series probably puts the mark up slightly, but I love the flow motion, really adds a speed enhancement to the game
Overall though, I's plain and simply amazing!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 am

Bastion 10/10

I honestly can't say I've seen something as amazing as this game, It plays perfect, The artwork of all the worlds just can't be matched, and the soundtrack.. Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing :D

It truly is "A Proper Story" and with Rucks the stranger narrating everyone of your moves it feels almost like a dream, I super recommend buying this game, It's not very expensive and you will not regret it.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Slender - 7/10

This game is extremely scary. Never again.

For something so simple and free it does a really great job at being so creepy.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Wii - 9/10

Honestly the definitive Metroid Prime experience to me. Yeah, others prefer Prime 1 but this one just does so much more in my opinion. The puzzles are challenging, the bosses - while easier - are great to fight, the graphics are superb for Wii standards and the game overall is just a complete blast to play.

And while I'm at it...

Metroid Prime Trilogy - Wii - 9.5/10

It really is fantastic that Nintendo and Retro Studios decided to do this. As someone who has limited experience with the Metroid series, it is a great introduction and a good deal. £50 for three great games. I like the little achievement system taken from Corruption and put into all three games. You can use these to buy in-game things such as concept art, music and even nice cosmetic details such as the Fusion Suit which you could originally put onto Samus in Prime 1 if you had a GBA, a link cable for the Gamecube and a copy of Metroid Fusion. It's a neat package and one I certainly recommend.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKirky15
Tails Rank
NinjaKirky15

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 pm

StarlightSonic wrote:
Slender - 7/10

This game is extremely scary. Never again.

For something so simple and free it does a really great job at being so creepy.

I'm about to record that for my channel, watched some game play from other video's and I'm already jumpy as it is D:
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD - XBLA - 8/10

Brilliant retouch of Pro Skater 1 and 2. Online is great, levels look brilliant in HD and everything else is just how I remember it. My only problem is that there are only seven levels in the game (though apparently there will be Pro Skater 3 levels as DLC soon so I'll let that one slide). There is also a lack of Create-A-Skater but you can play as your Xbox Avatar so again, it's all good. It's simply a great reason to revisit the past and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - 10/10

Since I've beaten this game now I have to say it was really an amazing experience. It looks beautiful. The battle system is easily the best in the series, and the Dream Eaters were really great additions, there was so much to do with them.
The story was good too, KH games have such emotional stories. You feel like you're part of it, and that you really care for the characters involved.
Would recommend it to anyone who owns a 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Super Metroid - SNES - 8/10

A lot of people say it's the best game on the system. I personally don't agree with that but it is a great game regardless. My only complaints are that Samus is a bit too floaty for my liking. What I mean by that is she will jump in a way where I will often have to rock the D-Pad left and right to land on a platform. Another complaint is that some enemies are hidden in rather cheap ways. I once actually died due to an enemy popping out of the ground.

Despite my complaints, it is a nice game and looks and plays brilliantly.

Metroid: Other M - Wii - 7/10.

Personally, I like this more than most others. It does have its problems, though. The story is a bit of a mess and the sub-par voice acting doesn't help that. I also hate how suit upgrades are obtained in this game. In every Metroid game, Samus always loses her power-ups at the beginning and has to get them back along with new powers. However, in this game, she comes equipped with everything she had in Super Metroid but because her former commanding officer Adam Malkovich is on board and Samus has a great amount of respect for him, she will not use them until Adam gives permission since he feels it would be dangerous otherwise. It's understandable for things like Super Missiles and Power Bombs but for things like The Varia Suit, Gravity Suit, Grapple Beam and Speed Booster? Really?

Sorry, I went into a bit of a tangent there, but that needed to be said. While the game certainly has its problems, I for one enjoy it.

After that little binge, though, I'm a little sick of Metroid (for now at least). Need to play other games now.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS - 6.5/10

As you know, the hook for reeling players in is the coin collecting. While it is nice finding ways to collect many at once, it ironically ruins Mario. After all, as with standard Mario fare, 100 coins equals an extra life and they all stack up. At the time of writing, I have about 300 lives, so much so that I see an actual 1-Up Mushroom, I intentionally ignore it. That said, Coin Rush is actually pretty fun and it is nice to find speed-running methods in the level. The power-ups are fairly limited, especially in comparison to NSMB Wii. There's no Ice Flower, there's no Propeller Mushroom and there's no Penguin Suit. The only new power-up is the Golden Fire Flower which, to be honest, is very satisfying to use. But that's pretty much it for new powers. It is nice to be able to fly in a 2D Mario game again, but that purpose is so rarely used to find hidden goodies.

I'll end this now before I continue to ramble on but my point is this. For what it's worth, NSMB2 is a fine game for Mario standards; that never changes. There is replayability, especially in finding the Star Coins and hidden exits. It is still much better than the original NSMB on the DS. But despite its namesake, the word "New" is used rather loosely in this case. Here's hoping NSMB U will be a better experience.
Back to top Go down
StarlightSonic
Founder
Founder
StarlightSonic

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Pokémon Conquest - 9/10

So I finally got this game and it's better than I expected. It's quite unique for a Pokémon game and it's extremely addicting. Definalty reccomend it.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

Soul Calibur 5 - Xbox 360 - 7.5/10

While it still doesn't beat the greatness that is Soul Calibur 2, it's still better than the last two games. It's story is very messed up and some AI opponents are ridiculously cheap (I hate you so much, Nightmare) but fluent online lobbies, nifty Creation Mode and the fitting cameo of Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed 2 do make up for it. It's not Fighting Game Of The Year material but an experience I enjoy nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last game you played   Rate the last game you played - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the last game you played
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next